50 years of experience
We are growing our business from the proud roots of many Nordic shipping companies.
- In 1962, Wonsild & Son started their tanker business and in 1992, the establishment led to the creation of the company Copenhagen Tankers partly owned by themselves, Eitzen Group and Clipper Group. In 2005, Clipper acquired all the shares and took over Wonsild & Son’s tanker activities and in 2010, they divested all tanker activities into the stock-listed entity called Nordic Tankers A/S. In 2012, the private equity fund Triton acquired the chemical tanker activities of Nordic Tankers A/S.
- Also in 2012, and immediately before the acquisition of Nordic Tankers, Triton acquired Herning Shipping A.S. The company became part of the Nordic Tankers Group and in 2015, Herning Shipping moved their office to Nordic Tankers’ headquarters in Hellerup. At the beginning of 2018, ANE Shipping A/S acquired Herning Shipping A.S.
- In 2016, a third company, Crystal Nordic, saw the light as a joint venture between Nordic Tankers and Borealis Maritime Ltd. in short sea. John T. Essberger acquired Crystal Nordic in December 2017.
- In June 2017, Nordic Tankers together with V. Group established Dania Ship Management A/S, where Nordic Tankers demerged all activities and employees within technical management.
- In February 2019, Nordic Tankers became part of the leading global shipping company, MOL Chemical Tankers (part of Mitsui O.S.K. Lines). Subsequently, Nordic Tankers changed name to MOL Nordic Tankers.
Our heritage is thus a testament to decades of shipping experience, where we have always focused on safety, quality and reliability. We still do.